Sunday, 17 March 2013

How Do I Past The Future?



I feel like John Conner 
from the terminator, 

did people forget they had legs 
they really rely on the escalator,    

I go to a supermarket and the 
machines are taking over...

Who needs a note pad 
when I've got an Ipad, 

my eyes are so on the screen, 
that biker took my handbag,

why is her head so low, 
she almost got kidnapped. 

Technology is relevant, 
it really isn't a problem,   

It's not like I am a slave to 
it, it's not like im picking cotton,

I know I spend so much money on it,
because the pounds are adding to my bottom;

Alright Alright, it makes 
me a little lazy, 

I feel I don't need to go to 
the park, when my screen saver is a daisy,   

If I don't have the latest gadget, 
I probably would go crazy.

I can't cook, so I get a 
microwaved meal, 

I would skip my five a day 
to get the latest Apple or Blackberry deal, 

Social network with fake people, 
to let them know that I am real. 

We make machines, 
so theres know way they can make me,

It's on a virtual gadget that 
helps me with aspects of reality, 

I can't live without it, 
with it I  can define my individuality.

I am not scared of machines 
as they keep my life going, 

they tell me when it's a nice day to wear 
shorts or wrap up when it's snowing, 

I don't need a book, my smart phone 
keeps me in the knowing.  

What is the fascination with 
 old space age technologies,

it isn't really new age, the Egyptians 
have been doing this fore centuries, 

We are a brain dead nation, 
our minds are in binary cemeteries. 

"Terminators are coming, 
I-Robot is around the corner,
the matrix said the machines will 
come back to Zion and create a new order..."

4 comments:

  1. Lei...awesome!

    Here:

    I laughed at this bit: "I feel I don't need to
    go to the park, when my screen saver is a daisy.."

    Keep defining your reality for to stop would add to the calamity..and I'd miss gems like this: "We are a brain dead nation,
    our minds are in binary cemeteries."

    ..a poetry pyre... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much obliged, I am glad you found humour through this, I actually enjoyed writing this piece. bzzzzzzz

      Delete
  2. I laughed when I read this! It reminds me of how much times have changed since I was a kid when the most exciting technology we had was a bicycle! And then came Commodore 64!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, Standard, that would have hyped me, I remember the green screen gameboy, and I actually thought I was ahead of time. bzzzzzzzz

      Delete